- The Louvre in Paris was evacuated Saturday after receiving a threat.
- About 15,000 visitors were asked to leave the premises.
- France has been on high alert for terrorist attacks after a teacher was killed on Friday.
Officials said they received a written note that morning “stating there is a risk to the museum and its visitors” and had chosen to evacuate to carry out “essential checks,” according to The Guardian. An estimated 15,000 people were asked to leave, the newspaper said.
- I’m a travel writer who’s been to 19 countries and experienced my fair share of tourist traps.
- While some really are worth visiting, I was disappointed by others.
- Here are four places that fall short, and where I’d recommend going instead.