House GOP will regroup Monday before a possible vote Tuesday on a new nominee.
After three weeks without a speaker, House Republicans are again trying to fill the top spot after rejecting Rep. Jim Jordan last week.
Eight Republicans are officially running for speaker after the historic removal of Kevin McCarthy earlier this month.
On Monday night, House GOP lawmakers will hear from each candidate in a closed-door forum ahead of another secret ballot vote on Tuesday.
- Speaker race down to 8 after Rep. Meuser drops out
- How speaker candidates have voted on issues such as 2020 election, Ukraine aid, same-sex marriage
- Trump has spoken with several speaker candidates — including Emmer
- Who are the 9 Republicans now trying to be House speaker?
- Majority Whip Tom Emmer officially enters the race
- Crowded field emerges for speaker nomination