- Israeli forces are raiding Gaza’s biggest hospital, Al-Shifa, in what the military says is a “precise and targeted operation.” A journalist there said tanks had entered the hospital courtyard and troops were searching buildings and interrogating young men.
- Israel has claimed the hospital includes a Hamas command center, an allegation denied by hospital officials and Hamas. CNN cannot verify either side’s claims. Hundreds of patients and staff remain inside Al-Shifa, according to hospital officials.
- The operation comes amid Israel’s escalating ground offensive in Gaza, aimed at destroying Hamas. Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant claimed on Tuesday that Hamas had “lost control” in northern Gaza, including in Gaza City.
- UN trucks are expected to bring fuel Wednesday into the Gaza Strip for the first time since Hamas’ October 7 attacks on Israel, a US official told CNN. A UN agency warned its aid operation would cease soon if fuel was not allowed into the enclave.
- Here’s how to help humanitarian efforts in Israel and Gaza.